Saturday, August 2, 2014

Looking back on the past 3 years

The anniversary of my training is approaching. It’s hard to believe I’ve been in this dynamic with Daddy for 3 years now. I look back at myself and it’s almost like an entirely different person. I was extremely sexually repressed and ignorant.

As I’ve mentioned before, it was 6 months into the relationship before our dynamic was established. I had just left an abusive relationship and started dating Daddy only a few weeks after that. I guess you could say I’m hasty, and this wasn’t the first time I’ve jumped from one relationship to another, but I can say that I’ve never consciously done it to get over someone or make the other person jealous. Anyways, Daddy wanted to make sure that I was emotionally stable enough to pursue a D/s dynamic and that I wasn’t using him as a rebound. It’s a good thing that we waited those 6 months because I was going through a lot in my personal life.

I remember I was beyond eager to be owned, but I have to admit that I didn’t know shit about the lifestyle. I didn’t read up on anything about it until I joined Tumblr and Fetlife when my training started. So before that, I was romanticizing a concept that I had only seen in hentai (all the education) and done in roleplay.

Before my training had started, we did talk about our perversions and sexual interests; all that fun stuff. He dismissed a lot of misunderstandings I had about D/s due to my past relationship. He explained what it means to be a Dom (everything that my ex wasn’t), I knew I wanted something more than just bedroom thrills.And then it happened:
I've been intentionally refraining from treating you as my pet up till now, but it seems you are more than eager to be one... What do you say? Shall we give this collar its proper meaning?

Pursuing a DD/lg dynamic was new to both of us. Daddy was already a Master to a kitten (our ex) and our original intent was for me to also be in an Owner/pet dynamic. Despite the fact I had called Him "Master" a few times in the past, I wasn't very comfortable with it. It sounded to formal and unloving. Yes, I was biased against that title and even Master/slave dynamics.

I remember I followed this girl on my normal Tumblr, I think her name was kittyrot, and she called her Dom "Daddy". At first I was weirded out by it until I did some reading, I found out that she was in a dynamic (at the time) called Daddy Dom/babygirl. As I read what it meant to be a babygirl, I found that it fit me to a T. I shared the link with Daddy and asked Him if I could call Him that. He was hesitant at first but eventually agreed to it and it grew on Him.

It's kind of funny when I look back because I was the type of person that current-me would be throwing links at and go on about safety, precautions, etc. But I have to say, I'm glad that we took it slow. Daddy has told me that He saw potential in me from the beginning and wanted to start training me sooner, but He was worried about His well being and mine. It goes to show that He was patient enough to make sure that I was okay before taking this new step, because let's be honest, power exchanges are nothing to take lightly.

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful and I am happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking for the Best Dating Site? Join and find your perfect date.

    ReplyDelete